Talk Music ABBA Announce New Material (1 Viewer)

  • Created By Thread starter Gemma
  • ( Start date , 1 Replies)

  • Tags abba

Abba has announced that they have written and recorded their first new songs since they split in 1983.

“The decision to go ahead with the exciting Abba avatar tour project had an unexpected consequence. We all felt that, after some 35 years, it could be fun to join forces again and go into the recording studio. So we did. And it was like time had stood still and we had only been away on a short holiday. An extremely joyful experience!”

They're so iconic, they're definitely gearing up for a comeback of sorts.

There's a Mamma Mia film sequel coming in July which, whether you love or hate it, will generate huge fresh interest in their music and career. Then they had that TV tribute special in December, involving other celebrities singing their songs and the unveiling of one of their own new songs. Along with that, their virtual avatars will be going on tour in 2019 onwards.

Their enduring popularity is a testament to them really.