Football Andres Iniesta Leaving Barcelona (1 Viewer)

Andres Iniesta is to leave Barcelona at end of season.

The Spain midfielder, 33, has made 669 appearances in 16 seasons, winning 31 trophies with Barca and three major tournaments for Spain.

Iniesta, who has been linked to a move to the Chinese Super League, has not said where he will play next season.

"I said I would never play against Barca so it is not going to be in Europe," he said.

"We will know at the end of the season - there are still things to talk about."

Iniesta has won the 2010 World Cup, Euro 2008 and Euro 2012 with Spain, as well as four Champions Leagues and eight La Liga titles - soon set to become nine - with Barcelona.

"It is a difficult day for me to be here saying goodbye when I've spent my whole life here," he said in an emotional news conference watched by his family, team-mates and manager Ernesto Valverde.

Fighting back tears, he added: "A great deal of who I am, is down to Barca and La Masia - I am very thankful to them.

"I spoke to a lot of people - players, coaches - and I know what they want, but I tried to be honest with myself and the club."

proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fichef.bbci.co.uk%2Fonesport%2Fcps%2F624%2Fcpsprodpb%2F7C03%2Fproduction%2F_101074713_andres-iniesta_v2.png&hash=e30b37a8f409714600b4aab0fac48e8f

Not a bad trophy haul that like!

Magnificent professional. Made a massive contribution to both his club and country. Will be missed across Europe irrespective of which team you follow, as a football fan you have to admire Andres Iniesta.

One of the best players of his generation. Won pretty much everything there is to win and arguably should have won the Ballon D'or in 2010.

Supreme footballer. Anyone who doesn't agree doesn't know football. Along with Xavi Hernandez he formed the best midfield partnership you'll probably ever see at club or international level.

Won pretty much everything there is to win and arguably should have won the Ballon D'or in 2010.
France Football who organised the Ballon d'Or apologised for him not having won it in 2010.

An absolute master. One of the greatest midfielders of not only his own generation but of all time. Without him, Barca couldn't have gone on to do what they have done in the last 10 years. Never forget his performance in 2009 CL final. No Man United player close to him. Unbelievable footballer.

Laifot
Staff member

Laifot

He was the best central midfielder i've ever seen. He was not only great passing the ball but also was a great shooter. He complemented Xavi who is the best 6 of the 00s and 10s.

He was very upset for not winning the golden ball but you know how press works. Argentinians have a lot of influence between them.

I'm not a big Barça fan but that 2009 squad will be hardly forgotten.

Such a sad moment to see Iniesta finish up at Barcelona.

What an incredible player. Unbelievable midfielder and been a pleasure to watch over the last 10 years. Won everything there is to win and has the winning goal in a World Cup final too.