The Kat

Today, 22:11
Jun 19, 2018
A man has been arrested on suspicion of terrorism offences after a car crashed outside the Houses of Parliament.

The vehicle swerved into cyclists and pedestrians shortly after 07:30 BST, injuring three people.

The suspect, in his late 20s, is not believed to be known to MI5 or counter-terrorism police, and is not co-operating with officers.

A woman is being treated in hospital for serious but non life-threatening injuries.

Scotland Yard's head of counter terrorism Neil Basu said: "Given that this appears to be a deliberate act, the method and this being an iconic site, we are treating it as a terrorist incident."

He added there was "no intelligence at this time of further danger" to London or the UK as a whole.
Police are treating this as an act of terrorism.

Sky sources: The suspect is not known to security services but is known to police in the midlands, where he is from. The car used was registered in Nottingham.

Police are treating this as an act of terrorism.

I read somewhere else that he was refusing to co-operate with the police and they are now searching 3 properties in the Midlands.

Apparently the guy was from Nottingham and was known to police.

Counter-terror police are searching a number of addresses in Birmingham and Nottingham. The Fiesta had a number of previous owners. The car was spotted driving around different parts of London in the early hours of this morning.

However, they think he acted alone, which comes as no surprise TBH.

Hard to tell what the guy's goal was going by video footage. Was he expecting his car to explode or something?

Seems he had been driving around for hours, with the last 90 minutes being around Westminster so I would imagine he would have been noticed and followed by the police