Talk Music Classic Debut Albums (1 Viewer)

  • Created By Thread starter Franco Pinion

proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.pitchfork.com%2Fphotos%2F5929c0fbea9e61561daa7ce2%2F1%3A1%2Fw_320%2F88e85784.jpg&hash=2fa238abfe3ad78e2c7375f849b908ce

Just listened to this earlier today. Still sounds as fresh as the day it was released. Outstanding.

Some Random Guy
Staff member

Some Random Guy

The first one that springs to mind is "The Doors".

Classic album by the Doors.

Great shout @Some Random Guy

Hot Fuss by The Killers is another great debut. I can't fault any tracks on that album. Sadly it all went downhill after that.

Weezer - Weezer (also known as the Blue Album) stands the test of time pretty well

Not really a fan but Guns n Roses Appetite for Destruction deserves a mention.

Jason
Staff member

Jason

Unknown Pleasures by Joy Division.

Dummy - Portishead

Similar to Massive Attack in terms of beats, samples and live guitars but with much moodier vocals from Beth Gibbon

proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fring.cdandlp.com%2Fgrigo%2Fphoto_grande%2F115113722.jpg&hash=0d391bbec702fc796d13a6a88f4cfe41

It’s like a trip through Black music but with his own personal spin and that devilishly husky voice - funk, disco, soul, reggae, blues, gospel, doo wop... it’s all in there.

I think the fame went to him and he disappeared up his own bum hole after that.

t’s like a trip through Black music but with his own personal spin and that devilishly husky voice - funk, disco, soul, reggae, blues, gospel, doo wop... it’s all in there.

I think the fame went to him and he disappeared up his own bum hole after that.
Not sure what happened after, he got it in his head the music industry was conspiring against him, had a nervous breakdown and decided to change his name by all accounts.

Let's remember the good times though, that album had so many great songs and such energy in it, simply amazing.