Fantasy Dark Phoenix (2019)

Title: Dark Phoenix (2019)

Genre: Action, Science Fiction

Director: Simon Kinberg

Cast: Sophie Turner, James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence, Jessica Chastain, Nicholas Hoult, Evan Peters, Tye Sheridan, Kodi Smit-McPhee, Alexandra Shipp, Olivia Munn, Daniel Cudmore, Lamar Johnson, Evan Jonigkeit, Gregg Lowe, Kota Eberhardt, Scott Shepherd, Summer Fontana

Release: 2019-02-05

Plot: During a rescue mission in space, Jean is nearly killed when she is hit by a mysterious cosmic force. Once she returns home, this force not only makes her infinitely more powerful, but far more unstable. Wrestling with this entity inside her, Jean unleashes her powers in ways she can neither comprehend nor contain. With Jean spiraling our of control, and hurting the ones she loves most, she begins to unravel the very fabric that holds the X-Men together. Now, with this family falling apart, they must find a way to unite - not only to save Jean's soul, but to save our very planet from aliens who wish to weaponize this force and rule the galaxy.

Well, I'm somewhat hopeful, I enjoyed First Class and Days of Future Past. Not so much Apocalypse.

Gromit
Staff member

Gromit

Today, 15:39
Jun 26, 2018
Looks pretty modest in comparison to the escalating brainless destruction of Apocalypse.

Zidane
Staff member

Zidane

The movies biggest failing will be the fact that the unremarkable Sophie Turner will be the focus. She was incredibly bland in Apocalypse and I don't think she is good enough to carry a blockbuster like this.

As much as I like this series, it really needs a break and a reboot.

As much as I like this series, it really needs a break and a reboot.
Well now that Disney own Marvel and Fox I imagine there will a reboot coming very soon.