Drama First Man (2018)

Title: First Man (2018)

Tagline: One giant leap into the unknown

Genre: History, Drama

Director: Damien Chazelle

Cast: Ryan Gosling, Claire Foy, Corey Stoll, Kyle Chandler, Jason Clarke, Shea Whigham, Christopher Abbott, Brian d'Arcy James, Pablo Schreiber, Patrick Fugit, Cory Michael Smith, Skyler Bible, Lukas Haas, Brady Smith, J.D. Evermore, Steve Coulter, Olivia Hamilton, Stephanie Turner, Kris Swanberg, Perry Zulu Jr., Dustin Lewis, Gavin Warren, Shawn Eric Jones, Kent Wagner, Michael Lee Kimel, Greg Puckett, John David Whalen, Luke Winters, Choppy Guillotte, Anthony Paolucci, Braydyn Nash Helms, Caroline Davis, Ben Owen, Lucy Stafford, Katelyn Davis, Edmund Grant, Willie Repoley, Callie Brown, Connor Blodgett, George Linkenback, Claire Smith

Release: 2018-10-11

Runtime: 138

Plot: A look at the life of the astronaut, Neil Armstrong, and the legendary space mission that led him to become the first man to walk on the Moon on July 20, 1969.

Good film. Really enjoyed it.

Audio and visuals were stunning. Made up for any other shortcomings to be honest.

Story itself was unexpectedly emotional. Left the cinema feeling pretty sad and reflective, which wasn't what I'd hoped for but not really a fault I suppose.

Gosling was his typical unemotive self. While that may have been true to the character of Neil Armstrong it's a bit of a pity that it's also, well, just typical Ryan Gosling.

We saw this last night, We both really enjoyed it.

The landing sequence was amazing. The score, the visuals, I just sat there enthralled for the whole scene.