 Games? (1 Viewer)

  • Created By Thread starter I0ThousandFists

Yes, I'll be looking at purchasing the Game Thread Starter addon sometime soon, I wasn't really sure about adding it to this site but I think the newer (XF2) version has some better features like allowing for editing of pages. Just got to figure out the best way to display the content (individual Xbox, Playstation etc forums or all in one and whether to use it for game chat, game news or both).

I'm also considering the Music DB addon too but not fully decided on that.

Got a few other addons I want to try out too - Donations and Question & Answer Forums

I'll be looking at purchasing the Game Thread Starter addon sometime soon
I thought the version we had on GC had some stability and connection problems. Been reading about that also today on the support site. I'd maybe be more inclined to doing something like you have with the recipes where members can add the details, reviews, videos, images etc themselves to create the content?

Might be able to use a couple of addons to create something similar.

Okay, I've done a little experimenting and come up with this.

Untitled-1.png

This is basically just a game listing but I've set up 3 prefixes that can be used for different content - Game Listing, Tips & Guides and Game Reviews.

You can also add a whole host of information about platforms, genres, release dates, publishers, developers, REGI and/or ERSB ratings, number of players and whether the game has a co-op mode or not.

Also, you can add your own ratings for graphics, content, story, difficulty and gameplay. Sadly, only the thread author can add ratings.

Untitled-2.png Untitled-3.png

Given that the script mentioned above has had difficulties in the past and a lot of games aren't listed I think we should go with this option (for the time being at least).

I may look at buying the Thread Thumbnails add-on at some point which would allow the game cover to be included in the thread listing.

Very nicely done :)