Question Gaming Podcasts

Does anyone have any good recommendations for gaming podcasts?

I'm currently listening to Giant Bombcast and Pretty Good Gaming Podcast, but feel there is probably better out there.

Gromit
Staff member

Gromit

Today, 22:28
Jun 26, 2018
https://whatsgoodgames.com/

A relatively new podcast but really enjoyable. Presented by Kristine Steimer (podcast) and Britney Brombacher, Andrea Rene and Alexa Ray Corriea (YouTube) it is one of the better analysis and newsgathering in video game podcasting.

Giant Bombcast and Giant Beastcast would be on my regular rotation, they're a bit more cynical than some other podcasts, mainly because they're all close to 40 years old, and in recent years have been skewing towards playing smaller indie titles - indeed any game I've bought on their recommendation has been enjoyable. They do cover the mainstream stuff also but tend not to get swept up in pre-launch hype.

Game Scoop - it's IGN but better than their platform dedicated stuff
Final Games - rotating guests essentially pick 8 desert island games

https://whatsgoodgames.com/

A relatively new podcast but really enjoyable.
I recommend this one too.

I listen to a lot of podcasts. Games podcasts include:

Kinda Funny Gamescast (usually Monday)
Whats Good Games (Friday afternoon)
DLC (Monday)
Kotaku Splitscreen (Thursday)

Kotaku Splitscreen (Thursday)
Another good one.

Splitscreen by the guys at Kotaku is a much improved podcast. They’ve moved their “off-topic” material to the end of the show for those not interested.

The only one I listen to is Cane and Rinse. They take a classic game every week and discuss it in depth.

It’s an English podcast as well, which helps. I can’t stand American podcasts as the hosts almost always fancy themselves as comedians and end up talking shite for half the show.

Some great new additions to my podcast list there, thanks lads.

Agree on the UK vs US thing. Find it very hard to warm to US podcasters. The only major exception being Weekend Confirmed back in the day.