Football General Premier League 2018/19 Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

  • Created By Thread starter Major Tom

Man United score an injury-time winner against Bournemouth.

Sickener for Bournemouth but yet again that's the difference between mid-level and top level in the Premier League.

Man City running riot against Southampton. 4-1 up at half-time with goals for Silva, Aguero, Sterling and an own goal by Hoedt. Southampton's goal came from a Danny Ings penalty.

Amazing how poor Southampton are these days. Years of asset stripping catching up with them.

This Man City team though could dominate the Premier League for years.

Amazing how poor Southampton are these days. Years of asset stripping catching up with them.
Just imagine the team they would have if they had kept all of them! I think they will go down this season unless they get rid of Hughes and hope someone can come in and motivate the team - the thing is, they don't have a bad first 11!!

Watching highlights of the Chelsea/Palace game. Zaha is so frustrating to watch. Doesn't know when to pass the ball.

No surprise with City v United game.

Absolute enormous gulf in class in Manchester. Liverpool the only ones who come close to City but even then there is still a sizeable gap. City will win the league by at least 10 points.

Slenderman
Staff member

Slenderman

Today, 19:14
Nov 3, 2018
Nobody is stopping this City side they are even better than last year. That was a walk in the park for them today so far ahead of Utd.

For Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs and Man Utd it's all about making the top 4.

City are a level or two above those 4, Liverpool are closer to City, literally, but they're still a bit behind City.

Next season with Arsenal and Chelsea bedding down new systems could make it interesting for a title race.

Fraser
Staff member

Fraser

Today, 19:14
Aug 24, 2018
Fulham sack Jokanovic and appoint Ranieri

Not surprised that they sacked Jokanovic, they've invested a lot of money during the summer and haven't seen a return on that investment. Surprised that Ranieri has returned to the Premier League though.

He had to go, but Ranieri doesnt inspire me to hopefullness that Fulham will avoid relegation.

Maybe I'm being cynical, but Ranieri's "tinker man" tendencies doesn't strike me as the right approach for a team who have had a host of new players brought in this year