WE ARE FORUM BANTER!!!
Talk about the things that matter to you!!
Howdy stranger!! It looks like you're new here.
If you want to get involved, click on the button below!
Join The Conversation

Football General Premier League 2018/19 Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

• Created By Thread starter Major Tom
  • ( Start date , 95 Replies)

Some Random Guy
Staff member

Some Random Guy

Today, 19:16
Apr 15, 2018
He had to go, but Ranieri doesnt inspire me to hopefullness that Fulham will avoid relegation.

Maybe I'm being cynical, but Ranieri's "tinker man" tendencies doesn't strike me as the right approach for a team who have had a host of new players brought in this year
People had Leicester down for relegation when he took over and things went reasonably well there. Fulham were decent against Liverpool and they have a really good run of games between now and Christmas (Southampton (H), * Chelsea (A), Leicester (H), * Man United (A), West Ham (H), Newcastle (A), Wolves (H) & Huddersfield (H). Going to be very hard to get points from the games marked (*).

Bandit
Staff member Staff member

Bandit

Apr 3, 2018
The Ranieri Era at Fulham starts with a home win against fellow struggles Southampton. This will put more pressure on Southampton manager Mark Hughes.

Great start for Tottenham in the late game against rivals Chelsea. Two goals up in the first 20 minutes!

Birdman
Staff member

Birdman

Apr 20, 2018
3-0 Tottenham. Heung-Min Son with a great individual effort. Should be game over.

Birdman
Staff member

Birdman

Apr 20, 2018
Impressive display by Arsenal today, reminds me of the Arsenal of old.

Chelsea did enough to deserve the win against Fulham. Loftus-Cheek scored a good goal.

Liverpool score in the 6th minute of injury time to snatch a 1-0 victory in the Merseyside derby. A bit of a howler by Jordan Pickford leading up to the goal.

SteveO
Staff member

SteveO

Apr 6, 2018
Arsenal were impressive. Just shows what a change can bring.

Torriera becoming the new Kante, very impressive

Zidane
Staff member

Zidane

Apr 11, 2018
Burnley are sinking like a stone and their exit from Europe has not resulted in an improvement in form.

They haven't won in the league since September. They've Liverpool (H), Brighton (H), Spurs (A) and Arsenal (A) in their next four. Can't see them getting anything from those away games and they'll lose to Liverpool during the week. That Brighton game is huge for them. Have to get three points or they are in big trouble.

What a difference a year makes in football.

David76
Staff member

David76

Apr 7, 2018
There was a stat I seen on Twitter last night, Man City have only been behind for roughly 12 mins of the season so far.

At the same point of Arsenal's Invincible season, they had been behind 144 mins already.

Liverpool have a slightly better defensive record at the moment but City have scored 18 goals more than them and are just blowing away teams.

It's going to take something massive to stop them this season.

David76
Staff member

David76

Apr 7, 2018
Watching Sky Sports Football Special, does Charlie Nicholas have to have a fit anytime someone scores?

Major Tom
Staff member Staff member Staff member Staff member

Major Tom

Apr 1, 2018
Watching Sky Sports Football Special, does Charlie Nicholas have to have a fit anytime someone scores?
I've stopped watching both the Sky Sports one and the one on BT Sports because of how they all behave. Its as if they are trying to see who can be the loudest....just report on your game in a normal manner!

Some tight games tonight. Wolves leading Chelsea with 10 mins to go is a surprise!

David76
Staff member

David76

Apr 7, 2018
Its as if they are trying to see who can be the loudest....just report on your game in a normal manner!
Yep, Charlie Nicholas is the worst on Sky.

Some tight games tonight. Wolves leading Chelsea with 10 mins to go is a surprise!
Some game at Old Trafford. Arsenal just took the lead, then a minute later United equalised.

If Chelsea lose it is down to 3 teams battling it out although Man City look far better than Liverpool and Spurs.

Create an account or login for full access

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Posts

New Threads