George Bush Senior Dies, Aged 94 (1 Viewer)

Former US President George HW Bush has died at the age of 94, his son George W Bush has announced.

Bush Sr served as the 41st US president between 1989 and 1993, his term defined by the end of the Cold War and the first Iraq war against Saddam Hussein.

While his health had been failing in recent years, he still managed to make public appearances.

The former president died at 22:10 local time on Friday (04:10 GMT Saturday), a family spokesperson said.

In April, he was admitted to hospital with a blood infection but had since been discharged. He died seven months after his wife, Barbara.

"Jeb, Neil, Marvin, Doro, and I are saddened to announce that after 94 remarkable years, our dear Dad has died," his son George Bush Jr, who went on to serve as the 43rd US president, said in a statement.

"[He] was a man of the highest character and the best dad a son or daughter could ask for."
A brave man, his service history speaks for its self.

Rest in Peace Mr President.

Born into a wealthy family and raised with a silver spoon. Despite that he enlisted and fought in WW2 as a pilot, flying over 42 missions and getting shot down by the Japanese....that is bravery whatever why you look at it.

He then entered public service and ended up the head of the secret service, CIA and then President...some life even if you disagree with his policies.

Magnificent eulogy from George W.

Great speech. Touching as well as constant injections of humour