Global Free Trade (1 Viewer)

No tariffs, no barriers, as Trump indicates - why shouldn't we have it?

Those of you switched on economically explain why we can't please or is it more a case of protectionism that is stopping it?

It is much more complicated but to summarise.....because huge exporters like China with ultra-low wage/slave wage economies will make us even less competitive than we are now. Without tariffs, it would be cheaper to import virtually all goods from places like China/India etc.