Drama Goliath (1 Viewer)

Title: Goliath

Genre: Crime, Drama

First aired: 2016-10-14

Creator: Jonathan Shapiro, David E. Kelley

Cast: Billy Bob Thornton, Nina Arianda, Ana de la Reguera, Tania Raymonde, Diana Hopper, Matthew Del Negro, Mark Duplass, Morris Chestnut

Overview: Once a powerful lawyer, Billy McBride is now burned out and washed up, spending more time in a bar than a courtroom. When he reluctantly agrees to pursue a wrongful death lawsuit against the biggest client of Cooperman & McBride, the massive law firm he helped create, Billy and his ragtag team uncover a vast and deadly conspiracy, pitting them all in a life or death trial against the ultimate Goliath.

Season 1 was brilliant. Season 2, up to episode 5 was pretty good. The last three episodes, however, were the absolute pits.

How did they f'ck it up so badly?

Season 1 was brilliant. Season 2, up to episode 5 was pretty good. The last three episodes, however, were the absolute pits.

How did they f'ck it up so badly?
Yep totally agree!!

Jason
Staff member

Jason

I got a new found respect for Billy Bob after Fargo and watched Goliath and enjoyed Season 1 but the courtroom drama was fairly weak for me and that as well as the poor reviews for S2 meant I haven't bothered with S2.

I loved the first season but I’ve never seen a show get so bad so quickly. Episode 7 of Season 2 was an atrocity and there was no recovering after that. The finale was a complete mess.