WE ARE FORUM BANTER!!!
Talk about the things that matter to you!!
Howdy stranger!! It looks like you're new here.
If you want to get involved, click on the button below!
Join The Conversation

Movie Talk Good Films You May Have Missed (1 Viewer)

• Created By Thread starter Connie
  • ( Start date , 27 Replies)

Connie
Staff member

Connie

Today, 21:43
Apr 13, 2018
What is a genuinely good movie that has gone under the radar or very few people have seen?

Geezer
Staff member

Geezer

Apr 16, 2018
Margin Call.

Follows the key people at an investment bank, over a 24-hour period, during the early stages of the 2008 financial crisis.

Starring: Kevin Spacey, Paul Bettany, Jeremy Irons, Simon Baker, Demi Moore, Stanley Tucci.

Major Tom
Staff member Staff member Staff member Staff member

Major Tom

Apr 1, 2018
Gromit
Staff member

Gromit

Jun 26, 2018
Not sure if it went under the radar but a recent one not many have seen is Prisoners.

CaptainObvious
Staff member

CaptainObvious

May 18, 2018
Dead Man's Shoes. Brilliant film. Paddy Considine is amazing.

Birdman
Staff member

Birdman

Apr 20, 2018
OK, it's hardly an unknown film but I think Carlito's Way could fit in this category. It's a genuinely outstanding film - anyone I know who's seen it loves it, but a lot of people seem to be unaware of it. For me, it's right up there with the Goodfellas etc but doesn't have nearly as much "reputation".

Boozy
Staff member Staff member

Boozy

Apr 6, 2018
The Proposition - Australian western written by Nick Cave with Guy Pearce, Ray Winstone, Danny Huston Emily Watson.

Don't think this made too many waves at the time, remember watching in cinema and loving the atmospheric cinematography and sparse dialogue.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0421238/

Aimie
Staff member

Aimie

Apr 13, 2018
OK, it's hardly an unknown film but I think Carlito's Way could fit in this category. It's a genuinely outstanding film - anyone I know who's seen it loves it, but a lot of people seem to be unaware of it. For me, it's right up there with the Goodfellas etc but doesn't have nearly as much "reputation".
Don't think it was underrated as such. Not perfect but still an excellent tale of greed, betrayal and thwarted dreams.

Locke is worth a look. Set entirely in a car journey at night with Tom Hardy constantly on the phone trying to remain composed and hold various strands together.

Janey
Staff member

Janey

Apr 26, 2018
Chopper - Story of Mark "Chopper" Read based on his book "From The Inside", starring Eric Bana.

Cherub
Staff member

Cherub

Apr 24, 2018
Birmingham
Chopper - Story of Mark "Chopper" Read based on his book "From The Inside", starring Eric Bana.
+1 for Chopper. Eric Bana does a fantastic job portraying him. I had the DVD years ago and they interviewed Read for the DVD extras.

Create an account or login for full access

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Posts

New Threads