WE ARE FORUM BANTER!!!
Talk about the things that matter to you!!
Howdy stranger!! It looks like you're new here.
If you want to get involved, click on the button below!
Join The Conversation

Gym Before Work? (1 Viewer)

Emma
Staff member

Emma

Today, 19:19
Apr 12, 2018
I'm considering joining my local gym. It is open 24/7 so I'd have plenty of time to get a session in before work. I'm struggling to get out for a run in the evenings, mainly because of the weather and the fact that I'm usually knackered after work/university.

Does anyone have any tips or advice? And does it become second nature to get out the door in the morning? Getting a good workout done before work appeals to me but I'm not really a morning person.

Thanks!

SteveO
Staff member

SteveO

Apr 6, 2018
I workout before heading to work for the same reasons.

Lay out your gym clothes/bag/food whatever the night before. When you wake up just be on autopilot then.

The more things you have to think about in the morning the less chance you’ll make it out the door.

Zidane
Staff member

Zidane

Apr 11, 2018
If you have everything ready and laid out, it just becomes a matter of getting out of bed when the alarm goes, getting dressed and out the door before you have time to reconsider.

Before too long it becomes a habit and you'll just get up and go because it's a morning you normally go to the gym. Habit > motivation

Gemma
Staff member Staff member Staff member Staff member Staff member

Gemma

Apr 7, 2018
Milngavie
Morning is far better in my view, sets you up nicely for the day. As said before, have as much prepped the night before as possible.

You could always come to our classes :D

Bandit
Staff member Staff member

Bandit

Apr 3, 2018
I used to do morning sessions a lot.

One thing that really worked well for me at the start, I couldn't make the decision not to go until my two feet were on the floor. Easy to talk yourself into staying in the bed, the hardest bit was throwing back the sheets and standing up. 90% of the time I'd go, there were some mornings I climbed straight back in. Might sound stupid but worked for me.

Major Tom
Staff member Staff member Staff member Staff member

Major Tom

Apr 1, 2018
Cycle to work?

Cherub
Staff member

Cherub

Apr 24, 2018
Birmingham
I did it for years before the kids came. I wouldn't eat breakfast but had a protein shake as soon as I woke up then head out.

I used to put my alarm on the other side of the room so I'd have to get out of bed to knock it off.

Set me up for the day. I couldn't really see me going to the gym after work or study, to be honest.

Emma
Staff member

Emma

Apr 12, 2018
Set me up for the day. I couldn't really see me going to the gym after work or study, to be honest.
I'm not really a morning person but that is my thinking too.

Create an account or login for full access

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Posts

New Threads