WE ARE FORUM BANTER!!!
Talk about the things that matter to you!!
Howdy stranger!! It looks like you're new here.
If you want to get involved, click on the button below!
Join The Conversation

John McCain (1 Viewer)

Franco Pinion
Staff member

Franco Pinion

Today, 22:03
Apr 16, 2018
Sad news from the US of Senator John McCain's passing.

I didn't agree with everything he said, But he stood up for what he believed to be right for all Americans.

His defense of Obama's family, religion and citizenship are what I'll remember of him. He was a true maverick. Where he could have stoked up fears and rallied up hate he took the high road.

FiFi
Staff member

FiFi

Apr 29, 2018
“Nothing in life is more liberating than to fight for a cause larger than yourself, something that encompasses you but is not defined by your existence alone.” – Sen. John McCain

He always came across as a good man, who devoted his life to serving his country, not without faults or errors as he himself admitted, but always with the aim of doing what he perceived to be right.

Bandit
Staff member Staff member

Bandit

Apr 3, 2018
Seemed like a man of principle. I don't know if I would agree with his principles, but at least he had genuine beliefs, which is a step above the opportunistic impulsive clown currently in The White House.

Some of Trump's comments about him being a coward and a surrenderer were beneath contempt. What McCain went through as a POW was beyond belief and for that draft dodger to talk like that about him was a total disgrace.

Major Tom
Staff member Staff member Staff member Staff member

Major Tom

Apr 1, 2018
An old school republican and deserving of respect. Didn’t share his political views but he seemed to be a decent man.

Gemma
Staff member Staff member Staff member Staff member Staff member

Gemma

Apr 7, 2018
Milngavie
Very sad news. I may not have agreed with his politics but he at least had the honour and decency to stand up against Trump.

Sad Professor
Staff member

Sad Professor

May 2, 2018
I really did not like John McCain's approach to foreign policy and by his own admission, he made a lot of mistakes. He was not perfect but no politician is. May he rest in peace.

Create an account or login for full access

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Posts

New Threads