Littering (1 Viewer)

Zidane
Staff member

Zidane

One of my pet hates.

It seems to be socially acceptable. I can't understand how people can't have enough pride to put something in the bin.

Couple of examples I've saw recently. Some old bloke at the bus stop just threw an empty fag packet on the ground when there was a bin next to the bus stop. Another, some women finished a can of juice then just tossed it in the ground.

I'm seeing more and more litter all over the place. People need to take a bit more responsibility

Littering isn't as bad as it used to be but there are a couple of houses in our neighbourhood where the occupants always empty their ashtrays into a nearby small park or toss the cigarette butts over their fences. Disgusting.

Fly tipping is the worst. I've seen old fridges, cookers, car tyres, plant pots, bed mattresses in the woods when I've been out walking the dogs.

No need to just chuck your litter away either. There are usually plenty of bins around to dispose of it properly.

I think it seems worse nowadays as we don't have the street cleaners walking up and down the streets with their rubbish carts. They did a cracking job.

Probably a victim of the cuts but you can see the difference of their absence. Litterers should be made to man these carts for a fixed amount of hours every time they are caught and it may teach them to not litter again.

Also street bins not being emptied often enough doesn't help the situation either. If they don't have the capacity to empty quicker them they need to have more bins.