WE ARE FORUM BANTER!!!
Talk about the things that matter to you!!
Howdy stranger!! It looks like you're new here.
If you want to get involved, click on the button below!
Join The Conversation

Question Makeup Foundation For Holiday?

Jess
Staff member

Jess

Today, 22:55
Apr 10, 2018
Any recommendations for makeup that won’t slide down my face in 5 minutes on a foreign holiday?

Cherub
Staff member

Cherub

Apr 24, 2018
Birmingham
If you want full coverage that'll stay put in heat, Estee Lauder Double Wear or Catrice HD Liquid Coverage foundation will do the trick.

Apply with a damp beauty blender type sponge to avoid things getting cakey.

A good hydrating spray and a gentle going-over with a damp beauty blender during the day helps too.

I wouldn't consider using these day-to-day on holiday in a hot place though - maybe for a night out, or I'd use it for work in hot weather, but for normal day wear I think it's probably a bit much!

Gemma
Staff member Staff member Staff member Staff member Staff member

Gemma

Apr 7, 2018
Milngavie
Do you have to wear full coverage foundation? I often use MAC Face & Body or Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum foundation and some concealer where needed, works much better than full coverage I feel.

Aimie
Staff member

Aimie

Apr 13, 2018
I love Dr Jart+ Premium BB cream in 45 spf

Medium coverage, but (on me at least) doesn't melt! Blends really well and works with all powders I've tried. Never had an issue with concealer or foundation on top either.

My skin is clear but dry and quite pale.

Miss Scarlett
Staff member

Miss Scarlett

Jun 10, 2018
Just bought Smashbox Studio Skin foundation and I love it. It stays on all day - most foundations disappear from my nose after about 4 hours. Very buildable also so you can really sheer it out for day wear.

Other long wearing ones I like are Teint Idole by Lancome and Cover FX Power Play - they don't budge much on me.

Double Wear great but can be a bit cakey. I have the Double Wear Water/Nude also. It can be a bit glowy - but it lasts longer than other glowy ones.

Cover FX Power Play is probably the best I've tried for lasting in warm climates.

Connie
Staff member

Connie

Apr 13, 2018
Cover FX Power Play is probably the best I've tried for lasting in warm climates.
I will second this. The last two times I've been away (Spain and Italy mid-to-high 20s) this has been the best lasting.

FiFi
Staff member

FiFi

Apr 29, 2018
IT cosmetics CC cream is meant to have good coverage and spf of 50, so would suit holidays!

Jess
Staff member

Jess

Apr 10, 2018
Thank you @Cherub, your advice was spot on xxx

Create an account or login for full access

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest Posts

New Threads