Drama Marvel's Iron Fist (1 Viewer)

Title: Marvel's Iron Fist

Genre: Action & Adventure, Crime, Drama, Sci-Fi & Fantasy

First aired: 2017-03-17

Creator: Scott Buck

Cast: Finn Jones, Jessica Henwick, David Wenham, Jessica Stroup, Tom Pelphrey, Rosario Dawson

Overview: Danny Rand resurfaces 15 years after being presumed dead. Now, with the power of the Iron Fist, he seeks to reclaim his past and fulfill his destiny.

Emma
Staff member

Emma

I've watched 3 episodes of Iron Fist and it's not interesting me in the slightest.

Is there anything in The Defenders I'll be confused by if I drop Iron Fist now? I presume I pretty much know what his character is about at this stage?

Defenders is more Murdoch's story than Danny's so you could get away with it. Personally I'd just tough it out. There are 2 or 3 very decent actors who make it watchable.

You would miss a bit, unfortunately. Not so much about Danny, but Colleen plays a pretty big role in Defenders, and two of the villains in Iron Fist are in Defenders. Probably not enough to be confused by anything in Defenders, but you'd still miss a few smaller things.

It is a bit of a struggle to get through, but I'd try to stick it out if you can.

Season 2 out on September 7th. Also, Alice Eve confirmed to be playing Typhoid Mary.

View media item 106

New trailer - and speaking as someone who hated season 1, it actually looks like there might be a step up on quality:

New trailer - and speaking as someone who hated season 1, it actually looks like there might be a step up on quality:
It does look good....and his appearance in Luke Cage was excellent.

Started watching the trailer but seemed to become very spoilery

Cancelled.

“Marvel’s Iron Fist will not return for a third season on Netflix,” Netflix confirmed in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter. “Everyone at Marvel Television and Netflix is proud of the series and grateful for all of the hard work from our incredible cast, crew and showrunners. We’re thankful to the fans who have watched these two seasons, and for the partnership, we’ve shared on this series. While the series on Netflix has ended, the immortal Iron Fist will live on.”
I'm actually a bit disappointed. Hopefully, they could resolve the cliffhangers in one of the other shows.

Disappointing but not overly surprising. I'm sure Danny will show up in Luke Cage or possibly even Daredevil in the future.