Drama Mayans MC (1 Viewer)

  • Created By Thread starter Boozy

Title: Mayans MC

Genre: Crime, Drama

First aired: 2018-09-04

Creator: Kurt Sutter, Elgin James

Cast: J. D. Pardo, Emilio Rivera

Overview: Set in the aftermath of Sons of Anarchy, Mayans MC focuses on the struggles of Ezekiel “EZ” Reyes, a prospect in the Mayan MC charter on the California/Mexico border. EZ is the gifted son of a proud Latino family, whose American dream was snuffed out by cartel violence. Now, his need for vengeance drives him toward a life he never intended and can never escape.

Mayans MC is the next chapter in the Sons of Anarchy saga, Kurt Sutter’s award-winning series that was the highest-rated ongoing drama series in FX history for seven seasons. The Mayans were recurring and pivotal players in Sons of Anarchy throughout the show’s seven-year run.

Mayans MC is set in a post-Jax Teller world, where EZ Reyes, fresh out of prison, is a prospect in the Mayan MC charter on the Cali/Mexi border. Now EZ must carve out his new outlaw identity in a town where he once was the golden boy who had the American Dream within his grasp.

Mayans MC stars Edward James Olmos, JD Pardo, Sarah Bolger, Clayton Cardenas, Richard Cabral, Michael Irby, Raoul Trujillo, Antonio Jaramillo and Carla Baratta.

Forgot Sarah Bolger was in this.

And that's where the guy from Lethal Weapon vanished to.

But where's Katey Sagal?

Actually looks like it could be decent, but don't know if I can be bothered.

Only watched the first episode. So far so Son's redux.

Nothing terribly original just a remix of plots we saw in SoA from a slightly different perspective ie. a prospect, not the heir to the throne. Was a dense first episode with the running time hopefully down to having to introduce the world and the players and not a sign that Sutter has lost the run of himself like in the last season of SoA where every episode was 20 mins longer then it needed to be.

I also hope there will be room for some levity down the road like SoA was in the early seasons before it became a bit of a misery fest.