WE ARE FORUM BANTER!!!
Talk about the things that matter to you!!
Howdy stranger!! It looks like you're new here.
If you want to get involved, click on the button below!
Join The Conversation

TV Chat Netflix Recommendations (1 Viewer)

David76
Staff member

David76

Today, 19:36
Apr 7, 2018
Welcome to Netflix Recommendations.

Following in the tradition of the old thread on General Chatter, this thread is for recommending films and tv shows on Netflix. However, please keep in mind that this is not the only place to discuss Netflix and we encourage you to take in-depth discussion of Netflix content to the relevant thread or forum (At The Movies or On The Box).

So... what's good on Netflix?

netflix-recommendations-feat4.jpg

Major Tom
Staff member Staff member Staff member Staff member

Major Tom

Apr 1, 2018
The 4th Company
In a violent prison in 1970s Mexico, a young inmate lands a spot on a football team that doubles as an enforcer squad for a corrupt administration.

SteveO
Staff member

SteveO

Apr 6, 2018
Flint Town - Flew through it this week, thought it was excellent. I would love to see one from the Fire Dept's perspective as well.

David76
Staff member

David76

Apr 7, 2018
Flint Town - Flew through it this week, thought it was excellent. I would love to see one from the Fire Dept's perspective as well.
This is on my to watch list. I watched Seven Five at last weekend and it was excellent. The main guy is actually nuts!!!!! He still is. A complete sociopath.

Major Tom
Staff member Staff member Staff member Staff member

Major Tom

Apr 1, 2018
Icarus

This is one of the best documentaries I have ever watched. It’s about doping in sports.

Dylan
Staff member Staff member

Dylan

Apr 9, 2018
Shot in the Dark is excellent. Watched it over the past week on night shift.

8 part doc following "stringers" (press) who compete in LA to get to car crashes/crime scenes to get the story. Fascinating viewing. One of the companies is a group of brothers who moved from the UK to do it.

Shelby81
Staff member

Shelby81

Apr 18, 2018
I'm enjoying Alias Grace. It has been on my list for ages but something kept putting me off. It's well worth the watch.

Not just for the fascinating story but the way Grace speaks, how she tells her story, the accent, intonation, turn of phrase, is beautiful. I could listen to her all day. The acting is brilliant. The story itself is unravelling at a very good pace.

Geezer
Staff member

Geezer

Apr 16, 2018
Godless is brilliant. The episodes just get better and better when you get more into the stories.

David76
Staff member

David76

Apr 7, 2018
I thought The Alienist was great.

Birdman
Staff member

Birdman

Apr 20, 2018
Operation Odessa is great.

This is a true crime documentary featuring a Russian mobster, a Miami playboy and a Cuban spy who sold a Soviet submarine to a Colombian drug cartel for $35 million. A mid-'90s gangster epic that hopscotches from Brooklyn to Miami and Cali to Moscow, the film tells the story of three friends who set out to hustle the Russian mob, the Cali cartel and the DEA for the score of a lifetime.
The characters involved are very likeable and one or two stories they told about the whole escapade were hilarious.

There's been so many great documentaries and shows about that particular era stemming from Florida and the cartel activity there during the time.

Create an account or login for full access

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Posts

New Threads