Playstation/Sony Playstation Classic Announced (1 Viewer)

20 games, Final Fantasy VII, Jumping Flash, Ridge Racer Type 4, Tekken 3, and Wild Arms the only 5 announced.

The possibilities for this are ridiculous, I need it!

Now, where can I pre-order because this is going to be impossible to get hold of on release.

Here is hoping Sony does a better job with supply demand than Nintendo did with the NES Mini

Jason
Staff member

Jason

It's an odd one. PS1 games tend to not hold up as well visually as say compared to something like the SNES Classic edition.

Depends on how the video output is handled and what are the scaling options as I only recently played a couple of PS1 games on a HDMI TV and they look dreadful.

I got the two Nintendo classics because I'd never owned those consoles before, but I've enough experience with the PS1 to know I don't want to return to it

Jason
Staff member

Jason

Sony announced the whole lineup of games that are going to be included in the PlayStation Classic. The retro console tugging at gamers’ nostalgia is launching this December 3rd for only $99.99. Check out the games reveal trailer and walk down memory lane yourself!

Here’s the full list of games
  • Battle Arena Toshinden
  • Cool Boarders 2
  • Destruction Derby