WE ARE FORUM BANTER!!!
Talk about the things that matter to you!!
Howdy stranger!! It looks like you're new here.
If you want to get involved, click on the button below!
Join The Conversation

Pompeo Announces Demands For Iran (1 Viewer)

David76
Staff member

David76

Today, 16:47
Apr 7, 2018
They really are trying to hurt Iran. These 12 demands can never be met.

•Close heavy water reactors
•Allow IAEA inspectors everywhere
•End ballistic missile
•Release US citizens
•End support to Hezbollah, Hamas, IJ, Houthis, Taliban (5 demands)
•Iran must withdraw from Syria
•Iran must support Iraq Gov, disarm Shia militias

He promised that the US would impose the "strongest sanctions in history" if Iran failed to comply with these demands.

Iran could pull out of the deal there no point staying in a deal when the US is trying it's best to destroy the economy of Iran. Will Europe stick up for Iran?

Major Tom
Staff member Staff member Staff member Staff member

Major Tom

Apr 1, 2018
I don't think Europe should stick up for Iran but instead just ignore the US and continue as was. Trump needs to feel the effects of his ridiculous policies.

CaptainObvious
Staff member

CaptainObvious

May 18, 2018
I don't think Europe should stick up for Iran but instead just ignore the US and continue as was. Trump needs to feel the effects of his ridiculous policies.
I think the Iranians have said they're not interested in staying in the deal if it's Europe only

Major Tom
Staff member Staff member Staff member Staff member

Major Tom

Apr 1, 2018
I think the Iranians have said they're not interested in staying in the deal if it's Europe only
Their loss really. If they aren't in a deal with Europe they'll be open to a lot more hostile acts. Although I thought they said the opposite?

Bandit
Staff member Staff member

Bandit

Apr 3, 2018
I agree Europe should remain firm here.

Absurd demands, that they know Iran won't agree to, especially after the US already broke one deal. You build on trust, not on distrust as the Americans are trying to do. The US are itching for a war with Iran for some utterly insane reason. The US is perhaps the biggest force to destabilise the region right now.

Sad Professor
Staff member

Sad Professor

May 2, 2018
Absurd demands, that they know Iran won't agree to, especially after the US already broke one deal. You build on trust, not on distrust as the Americans are trying to do. The US are itching for a war with Iran for some utterly insane reason. The US is perhaps the biggest force to destabilise the region right now.
Because it plays well with their base supporters. No other reason.

This is pointless aggressive move by the US. It undoes years of hard work.

Looking at the list, I find out funny they include the Taliban who's primary source of funding and ideology is sponsored by the Saudis - whom Trump is in bed with.

Just more evidence that this administration doesn't know the climate it is operating in (or perhaps they don't care). I've had students with a better understanding of the situation in the Middle-East than has been demonstrated by the US.

CaptainObvious
Staff member

CaptainObvious

May 18, 2018
This is pointless aggressive move by the US. It undoes years of hard work
Israel and Saudi Arabia is the problem. They did not like the deal so they lobbied hard to break it.

Create an account or login for full access

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Posts

New Threads