Movie Talk RIP Burt Reynolds (1 Viewer)

RIP Burt Reynolds

Burt Reynolds has died at the age of 82.

According to US Weekly, he passed away in a Florida hospital of a heart attack, attended by his family.

The actor had undergone heart bypass surgery in 2010. Reynolds is survived by his son, Quinton.

He shot to fame in 1972's Deliverance, and also starred in Smokey and the Bandit, Boogie Nights and The Cannonball Run.

The veteran actor's agent, Todd Eisner, told NBC News his passing was "heartbreaking".

Reynolds died at the Jupiter Medical Center in Florida, according to the Hollywood Reporter.

True Hollywood legend. Some cracking films.

Therapy Girl
Staff member

Therapy Girl

Today, 16:51
Jul 14, 2018
I have to admit that a young Burt Reynolds was a darned attractive man.

RIP Burt.

Sad loss. Legend. Smokey And The Bandit was a favourite of my childhood and beyond.

Sad news. Saw him in an interview recently. He didn't look well.

He was an acting legend in his own right. I remember him best from his performances in The Cannonball Run movies

Gromit
Staff member

Gromit

Today, 16:51
Jun 26, 2018
Remember him as a comedian more than anything, the Bandit films are well known enough but I often think of him in the silly Cannonball films with Dom DeLuise.

He had some great films. The Cannonball Run and Smokey and the Bandit films, Deliverance and he was brilliant in Boogie Nights. Very witty too in any interviews I saw.

RIP Burt!

Burt was one cool dude with many memorable movies.

Shelby81
Staff member

Shelby81

All Dogs Go To Heaven was one of two VHS we owned in my house growing up for a long time, used to watch it whenever I was sick and home from school.

It's still a great kids movie except that really sad ending, it literally would choke anyone up. How I watched it so many times as a child I'll never know.

Saw his other work later, lots of good movies under his belt.

Didn't see him in much lately, but did see him on an episode of Fast and Loud on Discovery a while ago, and he looked quite shook and was using a cane to walk. Just shows you can't beat the clock.

For me, he'll always be Charlie from All Dogs Go to Heaven.

Smurfette
Staff member

Smurfette

Today, 16:51
Sep 5, 2018
For me, he'll always be Charlie from All Dogs Go to Heaven.
I still laugh like a child at the opening scene!
Quality voice acting.

RIP Burt.