Recipe Sausage Hotpot (1 Viewer)

FiFi
Staff member

FiFi

Serves
4
Preparation Time
10 mins
Cooking Time
40 mins
Calories per serving
637
Category
Lunch, Main
The pork and apple sausages work wonderfully and are even more delicious when paired with lentilsbut you can use different sausages if you prefer.

Ingredients

1 tbsp olive oil
6 pork and Bramley apple sausages
1 onion, finely sliced
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
1 yellow pepper, deseeded and sliced
100ml (31/2fl oz) white wine (optional)
1 x 250g pack ready to eat puy lentils
250ml vegetable stock

Method

Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and cook the sausages until browned on the outside. Remove from the pan, then add in the onion, garlic and peppers. Fry for 2-3 minutes, then add in the wine, if using.
Allow the wine to boil until nearly evaporated, then add the lentils, vegetable stock and some seasoning.
Mix well, then return the sausages to the pan and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the liquid has reduced and the sausages are cooked through. Serve immediately.

Attachments

Janey
Staff member

Janey

Sounds delicious @FiFi

Pork, leek and apple sausage are so tasty.

Cherub
Staff member

Cherub

Birmingham
I love sausages and lentils. It is one of my comfort meals. Never had pork and apple sausages though so I'd maybe swap them out for something else.