General The Crew 2 (Ubisoft) (1 Viewer)

Ubisoft has announced a closed beta for The Crew 2 coming to PC and console at the end of the month.

The Crew 2 closed beta will run from 8AM UTC / 9AM BST/ 10AM CEST / 4AM EDT on Thursday, May 31 to 8AM UTC / 9AM BST/ 10AM CEST / 4AM EDT on Monday June 4. Players can sign up for beta access on the official website. If you get in, you can pre-load the beta on Tuesday, May 29 after 8AM UTC / 9AM BST/ 10AM CEST / 4AM EDT.

The beta was announced alongside the release date in March. The Deluxe, Gold and Motor Editions of the game and a season pass were also announced.

Players chosen to participate in the closed beta will be able to invite up to three friends to join them in-game. It’s worth checking out The Crew 2 livestream on May 30 if you don’t manage to get in, as Ubisoft has teased that they may have beta keys to give away.

The closed beta will give players access to the first level of the progression system in Street Race, Rally Raid, Powerboat and Aerobatics. You’ll be able to switch vehicle types “with the touch of a button” depending on the terrain.

Ubisoft has said that there will be no restrictions on where players can roam in the world, saying that they can “explore [the] entire open world with no loading times or barriers.”

What’s more, beta participants will receive a leather jacket in their inventory in the final game as a reward.

The Crew 2 launches on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One on June 29.

the-crew-2-listing-thumb-01-ps4-us-13mar18_1525774315_1.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Anyone able to play the Beta? I keep getting server error messages on PS4.

It actually looks like a lot of fun (the driving anyway, zero interest in planes and boats). Beta videos remind message of a mix of Need for Speed Underground and Test Drive Unlimited. Really wish I get could get a game going.

Zaxxon
Staff member

Zaxxon

The demo, sorry beta, is actually pretty fun so far! Someone on reddit drove from San Francisco to Miami in the game and it took 45 minutes to do, 20 minutes longer than the first game. So it looks like the map is much bigger and more detailed than the first game

Is the beta over lads, if not how to sign up. Been dying for a new racer to sink some hours in

Ubisoft announced a date for The Crew 2 open beta during its E3 2018 presentation.

The open beta for The Crew 2 will start on June 21.

Ubisoft promised more details would be provided on the beta during its E3 2018 presentation, so while the news isn’t a surprise, those who missed out on the closed beta are surely pleased to hear it.

The open beta starts June 21 at 1am PT, 4am ET, 9pm BST and ends on June 24 at 1am PT, 4am ET, 9am BST.

You can pre-load The Crew 2 open beta through the official website.

Those who purchase The Crew 2 can look forward to free updates every three months. The content will include new disciplines, modes and features, and every month two new vehicles will be added.

The first update, Gator Rush, will be released in September with the new discipline: the Hovercraft. It will also introduce five new vehicles to the line-up, and Legendary rarity level on collectible performance parts. In December, a new PvP mode will release as part of the second free update.

A season pass will also be made available.

Open Beta is now live. For those who played the closed beta, there are a lot more races available

Season Pass details.
  • Three exclusive vehicles on day one, the Porsche 911 TURBO 3.6, the SUPERMARINE SPITFIRE MK IX and the ICE Marine BLADERUNNER 35
  • Seven days early access to the monthly added vehicles, totaling 22 vehicles
  • One exclusive house location as well as two exclusive outfits
  • VIP 20% discount off of the game store

Tempted to pick this up for something mindless to pluck away at in the evenings, but the middling reviews, empty soulless world and lack of PvP are holding me back.

It's a shame cause I was really looking forward to this, but this notion of putting out a shell of a game with the intention of finishing with expansions later down the line is wearing a little thin. Might check it out once PvP is added in a few months but I suspect the servers may be slightly dead by then especially with Forza Horizon 4 just around the corner.

Anyone playing this? If so, how are you finding the full game?

Anyone playing this? If so, how are you finding the full game?
It’s good, only playing a bit here and there at the moment. Got a Ferrari hypercar just because I played the first game and an Aston Martin Vanquish through Ubi Club.

Luckily, the season pass only gives early access and not major DLC so just missing out on five vehicles that I think I can still buy anyway and three vehicles tied to the season pass.