Drama The Terror (1 Viewer)

4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 1 Vote
Title: The Terror

Genre: Drama, Mystery

First aired: 2018-03-26

Creator: Edward Berger

Cast: Jared Harris, Tobias Menzies, Ciarán Hinds, Adam Nagaitis, Paul Ready, Nive Nielsen, Ian Hart

Overview: The crew of a Royal Naval expedition searching for the Arctic's treacherous Northwest Passage discovers instead a monstrous predator.

Based on the Novel by Dan Simmons.

Started at the end of last month. I haven't seen any of it yet but the book was great (although it wobbled towards the end), I hope they can bring the same sense of claustrophobia and danger from the elements to the small screen.

Zidane
Staff member

Zidane

This is right up my street so far. Liking everything about it.

The two captains are great. Harris and Hinds nailing it and I feel that either one could have played either captain. Also liking the surgeon character too.

The atmosphere is spooky and the slow burn is appreciated. Period talk is good as well, "seat of ease" etc.

Never read the book, so I have no idea where this is going.

Great show. Only 2 episodes in so far but its brilliant. Ciaran Hinds is a class actor.

Some Random Guy
Staff member

Some Random Guy

Finished up this series last night. I felt it started out brilliant for the first 5 episodes and then sort of drift off a bit. Still a great watch.

The scene that stands out with me for some reason over the entire show is when the diver goes down to fix one of the ships propellers very early in the season. Don't know why that stands out, maybe its the venture into the unknown

Renewed for a 2nd season.

Season 2 will be set in a WW2 Internment Camp.