Drama The Truth About the Harry Quebert Affair (1 Viewer)

  • Created By Thread starter Aimie

4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 1 Vote
Title: The Truth About the Harry Quebert Affair

Genre: Crime, Drama

First aired: 2018-04-07

Cast: Patrick Dempsey, Joshua Close, Kristine Froseth, Ryan Kiera Armstrong, Ellen David

Overview: The Truth About the Harry Quebert Affair is a novel by Swiss author Joël Dicker. It was published in the United States on 27 May 2014, by Penguin Books.

Last edited by a moderator:

It starts on Sky Witness on Tuesday, September 4th at 9pm. Hope it lives up to the book! Great read.

CaptainObvious
Staff member

CaptainObvious

Anyone watching this on Sky? Two episodes in and it's quite slow.

Two episodes in and it's quite slow.
I think it’s great so far. I rather like how it’s paced. Seems to coincide with the small town setting.

Interesting scene with Matt Frewer (Nola’s Dad) in episode 2.

Gromit
Staff member

Gromit

Today, 19:18
Jun 26, 2018
I'm enjoying this. I haven't read the book so I'm not sure how closely the TV series is following it.

At this stage, I don't think Harry killed Nola, but carrying on with a 15-year-old girl when you're obviously at least double her age is at best icky and more truthfully criminal.

I really like this show though (as stated above).

Watched episodes 3 and 4 during the week one afternoon. It was excellent. It's an easy watch and once again well paced I think.

Does anyone find the dialogue poor? I can't tell if it's ham acting or just bad script.