Drama The Walking Dead (1 Viewer)

Title: The Walking Dead

Genre: Action & Adventure, Drama, Sci-Fi & Fantasy

First aired: 2010-10-31

Creator: Frank Darabont

Cast: Danai Gurira, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Andrew Lincoln, Chandler Riggs, Melissa McBride, Norman Reedus, Lauren Cohan, Christian Serratos

Overview: Sheriff's deputy Rick Grimes awakens from a coma to find a post-apocalyptic world dominated by flesh-eating zombies. He sets out to find his family and encounters many other survivors along the way.

The Walking Dead
Worth
Season: 8
Episode: 15
Air date: 2018-04-08

With the threat of the Saviors still looming, Aaron continues searching for allies. Daryl and Rosita take action and confront an old friend.

Season 8 is drawing to a close and has largely been a disappointment but for the
first time in a long time I can say not only did I actually really enjoy that episode. I really feel that was a genuinely strong, and very good episode!

Tension at times, humour, payoff. Stupid escape with coward boy naturally being the only real blemish for me. Just after watching so may be off but I'd go so far as to say the best episode of the season

Good episode, although it didn't feel like a penultimate episode. The all-out war storyline has been disappointing.

The whole Aaron storyline is stupid. There needs to be a cull of characters during the shootout next week, he adds nothing to the storyline at this stage (as well as a few others).
Shame to see Simon depart, he was a great bad guy!

How on Earth has Gregory survived. He's pretty pointless storyline wise. :confused:

How on Earth has Gregory survived. He's pretty pointless storyline wise.
I think he's meant to be comic relief now, and even that isn't working.

So that is Season 8 wrapped up. I found the whole season to be frustrating and underwhelming.

So now that all-out war is over, I guess we'll get civil war? I guess it was inevitable at some stage, that the group would start to disagree. We already saw it in that fight between Rick and Daryl earlier on in the season.

Awful. Again. About 2 seasons of build up was not worth it for that finale.

I’ll probably still be watching come October though :rolleyes:

I thought the finale was absolutely terrible. I'm only holding on now to see what the new showrunner can bring but if S9E1 is more of the same, then it's time to bow out.

Also, mega-lol at Jesus going from "Tara, you can't stand on that spider" to actively plotting to take down Rick.

The episode was OK though a little disappointing for what was billed as all-out war.

Emma
Staff member

Emma

Disappointing finale.

Really thought they would use this final showdown to kill off a few characters who are pointless to the show at this stage but amazingly nobody of note died. It was the perfect opportunity to cut away some of the fat.

The writing again is very questionable. Rick lets Negan live and literally hours later and Maggie, Daryl and Jesus are plotting against him. It's just too quick a turn from them and feels like it wasn't earned. And what is Jesus even doing there? He's the biggest pacifist on the show. Rick lets Negan live which his character should agree with going on all past evidence but here he is plotting against Rick anyway straight after. Didn't make any sense whatsoever.