Documentary They Shall Not Grow Old (2018)

Title: They Shall Not Grow Old (2018)

Genre: Documentary, History, War

Director: Peter Jackson

Release: 2018-10-16

Runtime: 99

Plot: A documentary about World War I with never-before-seen footage to commemorate the centennial of the end of the war.

Slenderman
Staff member

Slenderman

Today, 14:54
Nov 3, 2018
Just a heads up, this is on BBC 2 tonight at 9.30pm

I'm torn between how amazing it is and how utterly horrifying it is.

Fraser
Staff member

Fraser

Today, 14:54
Aug 24, 2018
Superb, simply superb.

Astonishing the contrast between the obvious good humour, the smiles and camaraderie and the real horror of war. The colouration and introduction of background dialogue really took the film to another level.

Really enjoyed watching that. Fascinating and tragic at the same time.

Toxic Princess
Staff member

Toxic Princess

Fantastic production that. Very very moving.

Eyeopening and heart breaking stuff. The narration and stories the veterans provided were revelatory. I had no idea they were trained so quickly (6 weeks) and brought to the front.

I thought the soldiers' stories were as remarkable as the video. Like they were interviewed yesterday in some cases.

Where can you watch this? It’s not on BBC iPlayer. Sounds like a must watch

Where can you watch this? It’s not on BBC iPlayer. Sounds like a must watch
I watched it on iPlayer. There's tons of WWI stuff!

Edit: Ah, just had a peek and it was only available for seven days after original broadcast. Maybe BBC4 will show it at some point.