Drama Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri (2017)

  • Created By Thread starter Some Random Guy

Title: Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri (2017)

Genre: Crime, Drama

Director: Martin McDonagh

Cast: Frances McDormand, Woody Harrelson, Sam Rockwell, John Hawkes, Peter Dinklage, Abbie Cornish, Lucas Hedges, Caleb Landry Jones, Samara Weaving, Zeljko Ivanek, Clarke Peters, Amanda Warren, Kerry Condon, Darrell Britt-Gibson, Kathryn Newton, Sandy Martin, Riya May Atwood, Selah Atwood, Malaya Rivera Drew, Christopher Berry, Jerry Winsett, Brendan Sexton III, Alejandro Barrios, Jason Ledford, Gregory Nassif St. John, Allyssa Barley, William J. Harrison, Eleanor Threatt Hardy, Michael Aaron Milligan, Nick Searcy

Release: 2017-11-10

Runtime: 115

Plot: After seven months have passed without a culprit in her daughter's murder case, Mildred Hayes makes a bold move, painting three signs leading into her town with a controversial message directed at Bill Willoughby, the town's revered chief of police. When his second-in-command Officer Jason Dixon, an immature mother's boy with a penchant for violence, gets involved, the battle between Mildred and Ebbing's law enforcement is only exacerbated.

Some Random Guy
Staff member

Some Random Guy

Saw it last week and found it powerful and thought provoking.

One point that I may have missed, when asking the price to rent the 3 billboards, Mildred asks Red how much, and he hasn't a clue. Then she takes out 5000 and says " that's for the first month".

That would never happen. especially with someone as savvy as Mildred.

I'd expect 5000 to get you 12 months, especially in that location!

Original and the best film of the last year for me. Really enjoyed.