Tipping (1 Viewer)

Janey
Staff member

Janey

With this being in the news today, who do you tip and who do you just pay for their work?

I tip waiting staff, hairdresser and sometimes taxi drivers.

Gromit
Staff member

Gromit

Today, 16:28
Jun 26, 2018
Bar staff in my local. Waiters/Waitresses in a restaurant. And I'll usually tell the taxi driver to keep the change or up to an amount.

People get tipped if they deserve it,

A taxi driver that turns up late doesn't get tipped, a waiter who has been very good does etc.

I tip waiting staff, hairdresser and sometimes taxi drivers.
This.

Though I slightly begrudge tipping taxi drivers. And depending on my mood and what sort of experience I've had, I'm not too shy about telling restaurants to remove their service charge and I'll leave what I decide is right for a tip on the table.

Waiting staff and takeaway delivery drivers.