Science Fiction Westworld (1 Viewer)

Title: Westworld

Genre: Western, Science Fiction

First aired: 2016-10-02

Creator: Lisa Joy, Jonathan Nolan

Cast: Ingrid Bolsø Berdal, James Marsden, Rodrigo Santoro, Shannon Woodward, Jimmi Simpson, Ben Barnes, Ed Harris, Anthony Hopkins, Sidse Babett Knudsen, Thandie Newton, Simon Quarterman, Angela Sarafyan, Evan Rachel Wood, Jeffrey Wright, Luke Hemsworth, Tessa Thompson

Overview: A dark odyssey about the dawn of artificial consciousness and the evolution of sin. Set at the intersection of the near future and the reimagined past, it explores a world in which every human appetite, no matter how noble or depraved, can be indulged.

Been seeing more and more promotion for the upcoming season that I realised I never finished season 1. Weekend viewing sorted!

Here's the official trailer for Season 2. The show will return on April 22. It’ll air at the same time in the UK as in the US on Sky Atlantic, and be shown again on UK a day later on April 23.

I'm seriously excited for season two so going to re-watch season one this weekend or next.

Creaky
Staff member

Creaky

First series was great, although I did get lost in what was going on a lot of the time

I hope the new season is a bit more straightforward. A little mystery is fine, I felt they were too heavy handed with it.

The whole season was a masterpiece in set up and slow reveal. Every episode is absolutely brilliant and adds something to the story, but you have to really pay attention. In fact it demands a re-watch. The whole purpose of the show is the hosts slowly start to become conscious of who they are and this has to be done slowly and then end with a killer climax. I’ve never seen a more perfect first season of a show tbh.

Creaky
Staff member

Creaky

Might sit and watch the 1st season again before the new one, can't remember half of what happened at the moment.

Okay, I have no idea whats going on but it is must-watch TV!

Decided I'm just gonna record it all then binge watch at some point. If it's anything like the first series it's really annoying having to wait week to week for the next episode.

Creaky
Staff member

Creaky

Watched the 1st episode of series 2, totally confused. Need to watch it again.