What Beer Are We Drinking This Week? (1 Viewer)

Basically, every week or 2 I try a new beer/ale that I never had before. Sometimes it's on draft from my local and sometimes it is a can or bottle bought from the supermarket but more often than not just a pint in a random pub.

Last night I tried Brewdog Zeitgeist for the first time - quite strange being a dark lager but it had a lovely taste with slight hints of chocolate and coffee.

@SteveO thought I was drinking Guinness at one point :LOL:

183229.jpg

@SteveO thought I was drinking Guinness at one point
Well, it certainly didn't look like lager! Tasted good though.

I had Whiplash Clap Hands American Wheat on tap. It looks soupy but was surprisingly refreshing. Not too sweet or sickly, but would still like a little more bitterness to balance it out. Perfect on a hot day.

Sitting drinking De Molen Amarillo Imperial IPA while watching the footy. Best IPA I've had in a long time. Sweet, malty, full bodied, delicious.

Sitting drinking De Molen Amarillo Imperial IPA while watching the footy. Best IPA I've had in a long time. Sweet, malty, full bodied, delicious.
An absolute beauty. Their 21 Grams is another very nice Imperial IPA.

Never tried Amarillo but 21 Grams is nice.

I had a couple of cans of Elvis Juice tonight during the game. It is by far my favourite Brewdog beer.

No beer for me tonight :(

BrewDog’s Eight-Bit NEIPA collaboration (with everyone!) is a great beer. Eight hops, eight brewers. Top stuff.

Tiny Rebel Dutty Vermont IPA, super beer from a brewery who can do no wrong for me.

CaptainObvious
Staff member

CaptainObvious

My wife bought me 2 cans of Northern Monk Pecan Pie Strannik for watching the football tonight. I only drank one as I'm driving early tomorrow. I've never heard of it before and was like what is this but it was actually alright.

It's a Russian Imperial Stout that's dense, rich in flavour with no carbonation or head. It's sweet yet boozy with dark fruits, pecan and a dry finish. 10% ABV.

Old Engine Oil (Harviestoun Brewery)

Selling a 4 pack in Waitrose just now for £6.80.

On the way home from work today I had a pint of Jet Black Heart in Brewdog. It is a great nitro stout.