Gaming Chit Chat What Popular Games Don't You Like? (1 Viewer)

  • Created By Thread starter Major Tom

I'm constantly at some of my mates about how much they play Fortnite. Personally, I think it's a horrible game mainly due to the building mechanics. I've tried about 10 times, and played about 30 games in total, single or as part of a team, and each time I ended up turning it off out of sheer annoyance.

Similarly, I dislike nearly every turn-based game due to that mechanic, and I'm not a fan of RTS's in general.

Other popular games I can't get into are the Destiny series and the Souls series and its related games (Bloodborne, etc) due to the level of repetitiveness.

So what popular games do you not like, hate or just can't get it to click?

Destiny for sure, bought it to play with a friend. Played about two hours haven't touched it since.

Fallout 3 and 4 don't really appeal to me.

COD, although I played the recent one and enjoyed the story. But for playing it online lol no.

Lagan
Staff member

Lagan

Today, 21:45
Oct 6, 2018
Have no interest in the Battle Royale genre, so the likes of Fortnite and PUBG don't interest me.

Same goes for Minecraft and the CoD franchises of late.

Other popular games I can't get into are the Destiny series
Destiny for sure, bought it to play with a friend. Played about two hours haven't touched it since.
I loved Destiny. Loved it. Played hundred of hours with the great Destiny community.

Destiny 2, on the other hand, was a disappointment with Bungie ignoring their loyal player base and hiding content after expensive and poor DLC and more poor DLC.

I’ve heard Forsaken is good but I just can’t bring myself to give them more money. I just can’t. They don’t deserve the support at this point. Probably my loss but I just can’t support a company who took this long to get it right.

Anyway back to the question, the mainstream game I don’t like.... has to be Fortnite.

I can see the appeal but I’ve tried it and I just don’t like the third person view. Does my head in.

I'm not really a fan of the Assassin's Creed games. I enjoyed the first couple but I played Origins and found it boring and repetitive - the last one I really enjoyed was Black Flag.

Also, most games that focus on multiplayer are not on my radar.

Some Random Guy
Staff member

Some Random Guy

I really wanted to like the Witcher 3 given the glowing reviews that it got from pretty much every website/publication, however, when I bought it I just couldn't get into it.

I thought the combat was pretty bad, and even the feel of traversing the world just felt off to me. I traded it in pretty soon after that and had kinda just put it out of my mind. Then, a few months ago I saw it pop up for really cheap on the so I decided to give it another go, especially after my CDProjekt Red hype went through the roof after the Cyberpunk E3 reveal.

I still just can't get into the game. I'm sure it's a great game (except for the combat) but I just don't think it's ever going to click with me.