Yet Another Mass Shooting in America (1 Viewer)

How many more will it take before they re-examine their gun policies?
If they didn't after Sandy Hook, they never will.

If they didn't after Sandy Hook, they never will.
This ^^

We have a school shooting in the UK - guns banned and/or licences.

America school shooting - social media wishes, mental health issues, more guns needed.

It's pointless debating it, if Sandy Hook never changed shit nothing will.

Sandy Hook was the confirmation that they value guns over the lives of children.
It's only got worse since.

We have a school shooting in the UK - guns banned and/or licences.
After Dunblane, the UK did the right thing. Sadly, this won't ever happen in America

Shooting suspect already identified which is very quick. Apparently a neo-Nazi (potentially another far-right terror attack, like other recent mass shootings) as well, with him posting Nazi iconography on social media.

From my perspective, I can understand things like industrial accidents in say China where they are trying to develop safe practice, I can understand armed robbery in South Africa where someone has a handgun, but I find it hard to accept someone walking into a school with a scoped automatic weapon. I just can't understand the reluctance to address an issue that causes so many deaths.

Cherub
Staff member

Cherub

Birmingham
A young girl on the news was asked if she ever thought it would happen In her school.

She said yes of course she did..

So sad. She just shrugs her shoulders at the thought of being murdered in school as a fact of every day life. Pretty heartbreaking tbh.

Several people have been killed in a mass shooting at an entertainment complex in Jacksonville, Florida, police say.

The sheriff's office said on Twitter that many people had been wounded and urged people to avoid the area.

They said a suspect was dead at the scene.

Reports suggest the shooting happened during a video game tournament being held at the Jacksonville Landing.

Dozens of shots can be heard in a video that appears to show the event being streamed online on the Twitch platform.

The players were reportedly playing the American football game Madden at the time.
4 dead and 11 wounded according to the police so far.

Wolf Commodity
Staff member

Wolf Commodity

Today, 04:03
Aug 26, 2018
House
First and foremost condolences to the victims of this tragedy as well as their respective families and friends. It must truly be terrible for such a thing to happen.

It's certainly sad that shootings have been relatively common in America in the recent times and in various contexts. No one should deserve to eperience this kind of traumatic event.